Clan Ravenholdt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Ravenholdt

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important! - Punishment of Spamming

Go down 
+4
GamerCreutz
abedab
Sverkerman
Aikola
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Aikola
Admin
Admin
Aikola

Important! - Punishment of Spamming Empty
PostSubject: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:07 am

Hello all.

I'm not very happy to announce, that these new ranks have made the forums the core of pure spam. This is why I'll be harsher with the punishments now.

A Warning for Spam will give you Spammer mark, and de-activate your current title. It'll also decrease your points by 100.

And please. Stay on the topic for now on.

-Thank you.

What counts for spamming?

- Making messages totally off from the topic for quite a few times.
- Making useless messages for few times.
- Making many messages that countain really small amount of words in really short time.
(a.k.a Bot Spam)

Update:

Yes. Sandbox forum, where you can write everything you have in mind (aslong as it doesn't break any of major rules) will be coming soon.

Reminder: "Spammer" title doesn't prevent you from posting. When we see you are no longer spamming, you'll get your normal title back! Wink

Last edited by Aikola on Tue May 10, 2011 3:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://clanravh.palstani.com
Sverkerman
Chieftain
Chieftain
Sverkerman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:13 am

Aikola wrote:
Hello all.

I'm not very happy to announce, that these new ranks have made the forums the core of pure spam. This is why I'll be harsher with the punishments now.

A Warning for Spam will give you Spammer mark, and de-activate your current title. It'll also decrease your points by 100.

And please. Stay on the topic for now on.

-Thank you.

Superb Aikola.
Back to top Go down
abedab
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
abedab

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:18 am

Hmm, exactly what counts as spamm?
Back to top Go down
Sverkerman
Chieftain
Chieftain
Sverkerman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:21 am

abedab wrote:
Hmm, exactly what counts as spamm?
offtopic and/or worthless comments.
Back to top Go down
abedab
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
abedab

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:23 am

Like this one? Razz
Back to top Go down
GamerCreutz
Co-Op Admin
Co-Op Admin
GamerCreutz

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:23 am

maybe do so that its only the first reply that counts in each topic? else adding a spam section could also be possible, and modifi the spam section so if youre writing in there it wont count at all, but then you can writi anything you want
Back to top Go down
http://gcproduction.highforum.net/
Sverkerman
Chieftain
Chieftain
Sverkerman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:27 am

abedab wrote:
Like this one? Razz
No, this is okay since we just we're on the topic "What counts as spam". As you type "Like this one?" it is still in the topic, "Should this count as spam?" and is therefor, not spam.
Back to top Go down
abedab
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
abedab

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:29 am

Okay, good to know. And i think it's a good system. GJ Smile
Back to top Go down
Cangor
Grunt
Grunt
Cangor

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:31 am

I also believe this is a good new rule/system Smile

Last edited by Cangor on Thu May 12, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aikola
Admin
Admin
Aikola

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:48 am

Glad that you like it.
Back to top Go down
Razosh[RavH]
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
Razosh[RavH]

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh dear I'm out on verry verry verry thin ice am i not? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://hiveworkshop.com
StarZerg
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Razosh[RavH] wrote:
Oh dear I'm out on verry verry verry thin ice am i not? Razz

we both are lolz
Back to top Go down
risk.frishers
Shaman
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I think spamming on the forums should result in more markings than that. For example not being able to become a shaman for around 30 days. I mean, those punishments means nothing, I wouldn't mind getting accused for spamming since these are the rules. And I've seen a lot of spam, I think we should erase all postcounts and points, and start with this rule inside it, and a second spammark should cause you not to be able to become a grunt neither, 3rd time should result in kick/ban.
Back to top Go down
Sverkerman
Chieftain
Chieftain
Sverkerman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:27 pm

risk.frishers wrote:
I think spamming on the forums should result in more markings than that. For example not being able to become a shaman for around 30 days. I mean, those punishments means nothing, I wouldn't mind getting accused for spamming since these are the rules. And I've seen a lot of spam, I think we should erase all postcounts and points, and start with this rule inside it, and a second spammark should cause you not to be able to become a grunt neither, 3rd time should result in kick/ban.

Spam is gone after this new rule. I don't think that harder punishment is needed ... just yet.
Back to top Go down
Razosh[RavH]
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
Razosh[RavH]

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Besides why should he punnish us harder we stoped ub33r spamming when Sverker b!tched slaped us in the face with -50 rep Razz
Back to top Go down
risk.frishers
Shaman
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:29 am

We could also rate posts so that you get -/+ points depending on how relevant the actual posts are, this would probably have to be rated by Shamans/Moderators/Whatever rank you think suits for this abillity. Or we could have everyone being able to vote, but that could easily just get !&#?'d up. I'd however suggest you get - or + or NOTHING for a post. Also topics should have 1-5 more points counted as +/- to encourage more good topics. Duplicated topics shouldn't get promoted.
Back to top Go down
Razosh[RavH]
Legendary User [ I ]
Legendary User [ I ]
Razosh[RavH]

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:35 am

So you can dissaprove of every post I've ever made? No thank you. I'm ebil and I like it Twisted Evil EXTREME Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GamerCreutz
Co-Op Admin
Co-Op Admin
GamerCreutz

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:37 am

i suggest that after the third warning giving a Moderator/adminstrator suspend the member for two days, second time four and then ...
Back to top Go down
http://gcproduction.highforum.net/
risk.frishers
Shaman
Shaman

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:09 am

That wont work at all. We've already seen how the previous stuffs have been working out... The forum is containing 60% spam I think. If not even more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important! - Punishment of Spamming    Important! - Punishment of Spamming Empty

Back to top Go down

Important! - Punishment of Spamming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Ravenholdt :: Information Center :: Forum News-
Jump to: